Wednesday 6 April 2011

Dye, dye and more dye...

So, i spent all yesterday afternoon in the dye lab
dyeing up more skeins.
I love dyeing my yarns and getting all kind of crazy effects,
despite always ending up with bright blue hands.
I was pretty impressed with the outcome of all the bright colours!!
I tried the navy and black dye bath again.
As well as trying out an emerald and black dye bath and a antique gold
dye bath.
These worked out pretty well too!

Black and navy dye bath.

Antique gold dye bath.
Once ive knitted this yarn im then going to redye it to
see what effect i can get from it.

Emerald green and black dye bath.
I love how bright the blues are and how pristine the whites are.
I cant wait to get it knitted up!

Ive chosen bright colours and tried to work out interesting ways
in which i could dye them.
Since my knits are plain and simple i dont want a flat colour,
i want colours and patterns that will give my knits an edge!
I have also decided to knit and design garments and accessories for 
my finals instead of knitting flat samples.
I cant wait to see how things go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment